ALL DATES GUARANTEED
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
The course represents the first stage to achieving certification as a Cisco BroadWorks Certified Engineer. It is designed to present the certification candidate with a baseline level of information with supporting exercises within the Cisco BroadWorks Professional course. The overall objective is to engage the student with concepts and facts that provide a foundational understanding of the basic role and function of each BroadWorks server within a stand-alone implementation of a BroadWorks network.
Special emphasis will be given to Cisco BroadWorks servers that represent the critical operational functionality to achieve basic service delivery (Application Server, Network Server, Xtended Services Platform, Profile Server, and Media Server).
Furthermore, it provides emphasis on how to troubleshoot a BroadWorks network by identifying call and provisioning logs, interpreting them, and forming conclusions for corrective measures.
The attendees should possess the following:
- A basic level of knowledge in Unix/Linux.
- A basic level of knowledge in Telephony.
- A basic level of knowledge in IP networking.
- An RDP software installed on Windows laptops (e.g. Windows Remote Desktop) or an equivalent software on Mac, e.g. Apple RDP application
Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to:
- Design a BroadWorks standalone network topology in an IP services network.
- Provision Enterprises, Groups, Users and the resources needed for operation on the BroadWorks platform
- Prove by validation testing that Users are operationally working (Making various calls)
- Configure the Application Server desired billing formats and the delivery mechanisms for mediation server dialog
- Create translation profiles which contain policy logic for purposes of establishing the rules of processing the requests to the BroadWorks Network redirect server
- They will prove their configuration accuracy by use of a VTR utility
- Apply troubleshooting best practices that can be universally applied to many encountered problem scenarios
- Will develop analytical thinking skills for purposes of determining the best BroadWorks architecture solution including but not limited to the AS, NS, MS, XSP, PS
- BroadWorks Architecture – Mandatory servers
- BroadWorks Architecture – Ancillary (optional servers)
- Platform Management
- Capacity and Performance Management