Certified Wireless Design Professional (CWDP)
Do you have the skills to design an Enterprise network? Do you understand the architectures and protocols of a WLAN? Can you conduct a thorough site survey, design end-to-end security, and validate your designed network? Well, now is your chance to prove it, and in turn, earn a Certified Wireless Design Professional (CWDP) certification.
The CWDP is highly respected within the IT industry and CWDP-certified candidates hold a significant advantage in terms of career and salary advancement.
Measure your skills and knowledge with this professional-level certification and get on track toward ultimately earning your Certified Wireless Network Expert (CWNE) certification. Those that pass the CWDP exam earn credit towards a CWNE certification.
As an added bonus, you will receive a free exam voucher and practice test to test your knowledge before taking the exam.
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you. An SLI sales rep will confirm location availability prior to registration confirmation.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
All Sunset Learning dates are guaranteed to run!
Certified Wireless Network Administrator
- Understand Design Strategies
- Describe Best Practices for Network Planning
- Explain the Available Technologies to Satisfy 802.11n and 802.11ac Design Requirements
- Describe Advanced Site Surveying
- Understand Design Troubleshooting Methodologies
Module 1 – Introducing WLAN Design
- Wireless LAN (WLAN) Design
- Importance of Design
- Design Processes
Module 2 – Requirements Analysis
- Understanding WLAN Requirements
- Documentation and Procedures
- Understanding Client Device Population
- Discover Planned WLAN Applications
- Defining WLAN Security Requirements
- Physical Coverage Requirements for Various Vertical Markets
- Outdoor WLAN Bridge Link Requirements
- Existing WLAN Upgrade Path
- WLAN Test Considerations
- Design Documentation for WLANs
Module 3 – Site Survey Procedures
- Understanding the WLAN Site Survey
- WLAN Site Survey Types
- Spectrum Analysis for WLAN Site Survey
- WLAN Site Survey Tools
- Understanding Metrics and the Gathered RF Information
- Scenario-specific Requirements
- Understanding the Different Site Survey Methodologies Used
- Outdoor Site Survey Procedures
Module 4 – Enterprise WLAN Design
- RF Planning and Management
- Interference Considerations
- WLAN Channel Planning and RF Considerations
- Dynamic Frequency Selection (DFS) and Transmit Power Control (TPC)
- Access Point Selection and Operation Modes
- Antenna Considerations
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) Design Concepts
- WLAN Security Design Considerations
Module 5 – Advanced WLAN Design
- Branch and Remote Office WLAN Design
- WLAN Design and Mesh Connectivity
- WLAN Quality of Service (QoS)
- Performance and Optimization for WLANs
- WLAN Security Considerations
- WLAN Deployment Scenarios
- Identify Various WLAN Requirements
- Planning and Testing Tools
Module 6 – WLAN Deployment
- WLAN Infrastructure Device Configuration and Deployment
- Configuration of Networking Services – DHCP and DNS
- Autonomous, Controller, and Cloud WLAN
Module 7 – Design Validation
- Post Deployment Survey
- WLAN Design Validation
- Post Deployment Analysis
- Tools Used for Post Deployment
- Post WLAN Deployment Troubleshooting