Blockchain for Healthcare Professionals and Patient Empowered Blockchain (PEB)
ALL DATES GUARANTEED
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
The healthcare system currently faces a plethora of challenges. Patient health records are kept psioled over various institutions, preventing patients and healthcare providers from having access and leading to medical errors, fatalities, delays in treatment, and decreased quality of care as well as increased financial cost.
The power of the blockchain puts the patient at the center of their own data, and enables these connections to not only be secure, but accessible and under the control of the patient through smart contracts. Patients are empowered, and able to decide who has access to their medical records and under what conditions. This is the beautiful intersection of healthcare and blockchain. All together we call this PEB, or patient empowered blockchain. We have seen a sneak peak of the power of empowering patients with wearables and health apps which give people information about their own health and the power to make the right decisions, as well as the possibility of receiving incentives for good behavior.
Other topics to be covered that help battle the status of our healthcare system include removing intermediaries and improving the flow and accountability in supply chain and claims management, bringing pharmacy and medical care pricing to the forefront of the patient’s medical clinic or ER visit, decreasing the entry of substandard and falsified medicines into our system, improving provider satisfaction by decreasing record keeping overhead, and so much more!
There are no prerequisites for this course
Clinicians, universities, hospitals, and healthcare executives.
- Intro to blockchain
- Major healthcare use cases of blockchain
- Understand different use cases of PEB that have already been implemented and encourage thought of new potential use cases.
- History of blockchain
- Blockchain 101
- Distributed ledger-private vs public
- Mining and consensus mechanisms
- Intro to healthcare on blockchain including Medical records FHIR, HL7
- Patient identity
- Value-based care and concepts (discuss outcome-based smart contracts)
- Medical devices, Wearables, IoT
- Patient adherence monitoring (with tokenized incentives-could also discuss with pt. empowerment), incentives, etc.
- Interoperability and other obstacles of implementation (industry inertia, large data sets, inherent resistance to change)
- Supply chain (substandard and falsified medicines, divergence, compliance with DSCSA)
- Insurance (eligibility, reduced overhead, claims processing)
- Data sets
- AI technology (theoretical use cases)
- PT empowerment 1 & 2 (digital health wallet with access driven by smart contracts, monetizing data for sharing)