Day 1: Migrate Servers to Azure
This course teaches IT professionals how to discover, assess, plan and implement a migration of on-premises resources and infrastructure to Azure.
Day 2: Implementing and Managing Application Services
This course teaches IT Professionals how to manage and maintain the infrastructure for the core web apps and services that developers build and deploy.
Day 3: Implement Advanced Virtual Networking
This course teaches IT Professionals how to implement and configure different Azure networking traffic distribution mechanisms, including Azure Load Balancer, Azure Traffic Manager, and Azure Application Gateway.
Day 4: Secure Identities
This course teaches IT Professionals to understand the challenges that organizations face in keeping modern IT environments secure, as the more distributed environments that are part of a cloud-first or hybrid world have rapidly created new security challenges for IT.
This course is for Azure Administrators. Azure Administrators manage the cloud services that span storage, networking, and compute cloud capabilities, with a deep understanding of each service across the full IT lifecycle. They take end-user requests for new cloud applications and make recommendations on services to use for optimal performance and scale, as well as provision, size, monitor and adjust as appropriate. This role requires communicating and coordinating with vendors. Azure Administrators use the Azure Portal and as they become more proficient they use PowerShell and the Command Line Interface.
Successful Azure Administrators start this role with experience on operating systems, virtualization, cloud infrastructure, storage structures, and networking. It will be helpful to take course AZ-100 prior to this course.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Use Azure Migrate to discover and assess on-premises virtual machine migration to Azure.
- Use Azure Site Recovery to migrate Hyper-V infrastructures to Azure.
- Review migration strategies for VMWare and System Center VMM virtual machines.
- Implement use cases and configuration options for Azure App Services and App Service Environments.
- Manage and secure web apps with backup, restore, snapshot, and cloning.
- Optimize your web app performance with Scale Up, Scale Out, Autoscale, and Grow out strategies.
- Deploy serverless computing features like Azure Functions, Event Grid, and Service Bus.
- Use Azure RBAC to grant a granular level of access based on an administrator’s assigned tasks.
- Use Azure Multi-Factor Authentication to configure a strong authentication for users at sign-in.
- User Azure AD Privileged Identity Management to configure access rights based on just-in-time administration.
Module 1: Managing Azure Active Directory
- Overview of Cloud Migration
- Azure Migrate: The Process
Module 2: Azure Site Recovery
- Overview of ASR
- Preparing the Infrastructure
- Completing the Migration Process
Module 3: Additional Migration Scenarios
- VMWare Migration
- System Center VMM Migration: Video Walkthrough
Module 4: Introducing the Azure App Service Platform
- Introducing Azure App Service
- App Service Environments
Module 5: Managing and Securing Web Apps
- Deploying Web Apps
- Managing Web Apps
- App Service Security
Module 6: Scaling and Performance
- Scale Up and Scale Out
- Autoscale and Grow out
- Optimizing Bandwidth and Web Traffic
Module 7: Deploying Serverless Computing Solutions
- Serverless Computing Concepts
- Managing Azure Functions
- Managing Event Grid
- Managing Service Bus
- Managing Logic App
Module 8: Distributing Network Traffic
- Overview of Network Traffic Distribution Options
- Azure Load Balancer
- Azure Traffic Manager
- Azure Application Gateway
Module 9: Site Connectivity
- Site-to-Site VPN Connections
Module 10: Monitoring and Troubleshooting Network Connectivity
- Introducing Network Watcher
- Implementing Network Watcher
- Network Troubleshooting Examples
Module 11: Introduction to Identity Protection in Azure
- Role-Based Access Control
- Azure Active Directory (Refresher)
- Protecting Privileged Access in the Environment
Module 12: Using Multi-Factor Authentication for Secure Access
- Introducing Multi-Factor Authentication
- Implementing MFA
Module 13: Azure AD Privileged Identity Management
- Getting Started with PIM
- PIM Security Wizard
- PIM for Directory Roles
- PIM for Role Resources