ALL DATES GUARANTEED
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
This course covers fundamental AWS cloud security concepts, including AWS access control, data encryption methods, and how network access to your AWS infrastructure can be secured. Based on the AWS Shared Security Model, you learn where you are responsible for implementing security in the AWS Cloud and what security-oriented services are available to you and why and how the security services can help meet the security needs of your organization.
We recommend that attendees of this course have:
- Working knowledge of IT security practices and infrastructure concepts, familiarity with cloud computing concepts
This course is intended for:
- Security IT business-level professionals interested in cloud security practices
- Security professionals with minimal to no working knowledge of AWS
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Assimilate Identify security benefits and responsibilities of using the AWS Cloud
- Describe the access control and management features of AWS
- Explain the available methods for providing encryption of data in transit and data at rest when storing your data in AWS.
- Describe how to secure network access to your AWS resources
- Determine which AWS services can be used for monitoring and incident response
Module 1: Security on AWS
- Security design principles in the AWS Cloud
- AWS Shared Responsibility Model
Module 2: Security OF the Cloud
- AWS Global Infrastructure
- Data center security
- Compliance and governance
Module 3: Security IN the Cloud – Part 1
- Identity and access management
- Data protection essentials
- Lab 01 – Introduction to security policies
Module 4: Security IN the Cloud – Part 2
- Securing your infrastructure
- Monitoring and detective controls
- Lab 02 – Securing VPC resources with Security Groups
Module 5: Security IN the Cloud – Part 3
- DDoS mitigation
- Incident response essentials
- Lab 03 – Remediating issues with AWS Config Conformance Packs
Module 6: Course Wrap Up
- AWS Well-Architected tool overview
- Next Steps