Identity with Windows Server 2016 (M 20742)
Learn to deploy and configure Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) in a distributed environment, how to implement Group Policy, how to perform backup and restore, and how to monitor and troubleshoot Active Directory-related issues with Windows Server 2016. Additionally, this course teaches how to deploy other Active Directory server roles such as Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) and Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS).
All Dates Guaranteed To Run
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
This course is primarily intended for existing IT professionals who have some AD DS knowledge and experience and who aim to develop knowledge about identity and access technologies in Windows Server 2016.
This would typically include:
- AD DS administrators who are looking to train in identity and access technologies with Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
- System or infrastructure administrators with general AD DS experience and knowledge who are looking to cross-train in core and advanced identity and access technologies in Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
The secondary audience for this course includes IT professionals who are looking to consolidate their knowledge about AD DS and related technologies, in addition to IT professionals who want to prepare for the 70-742 exam.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Deploy and configure Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) in a distributed environment
- Implement Group Policy
- Perform backup and restore
- Monitor and troubleshoot Active Directory-related issues with Windows Server 2016.
Lesson 1: Installing and configuring domain controllers
- Overview of AD DS
- Overview of AD DS domain controllers
- Deploying a domain controller
Lesson 2: Managing objects in AD DS
- Managing user accounts
- Managing groups in AD DS
- Managing computer objects in AD DS
- Using Windows PowerShell for AD DS administration
- Implementing and managing OUs
Lesson 3: Advanced AD DS infrastructure management
- Overview of advanced AD DS deployments
- Deploying a distributed AD DS environment
- Configuring AD DS trusts
Lesson 4: Implementing and administering AD DS sites and replication
- Overview of AD DS replication
- Configuring AD DS sites
- Configuring and monitoring AD DS replication
Lesson 5: Implementing Group Policy
- Introducing Group Policy
- Implementing and administering GPOs
- Group Policy scope and Group Policy processing
- Troubleshooting the application of GPOs
Lesson 6: Managing user settings with Group Policy
- Implementing administrative templates
- Configuring Folder Redirection, software installation, and scripts
- Configuring Group Policy preferences
Lesson 7: Securing Active Directory Domain Services
- Securing domain controllers
- Implementing account security
- Implementing audit authentication
- Configuring managed service accounts
Lesson 8: Deploying and managing AD CS
- Deploying CAs
- Administering CAs
- Troubleshooting and maintaining CAs
Lesson 9: Deploying and managing certificates
- Deploying and managing certificate templates
- Managing certificate deployment, revocation, and recovery
- Using certificates in a business environment
- Implementing and managing smart cards
Lesson 10: Implementing and administering AD FS
- Overview of AD FS
- AD FS requirements and planning
- Deploying and configuring AD FS
- Overview of Web Application Proxy
Lesson 11: Implementing and administering AD RMS
- Overview of AD RMS
- Deploying and managing an AD RMS infrastructure
- Configuring AD RMS content protection
Lesson 12: Implementing AD DS synchronization with Microsoft Azure AD
- Planning and preparing for directory synchronization
- Implementing directory synchronization by using Azure AD Connect
- Managing identities with directory synchronization
Lesson 13: Monitoring, managing, and recovering AD DS
- Monitoring AD DS
- Managing the Active Directory database
- Active Directory backup and recovery options for AD DS and other identity and access solutions