ALL DATES GUARANTEED
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
Learn the fundamental networking skills required to deploy and support Windows Server 2016 in most organizations. It covers IP fundamentals, remote access technologies, and more advanced content including Software Defined Networking.
This course is intended for existing IT professionals who have some networking knowledge and experience and are looking for a single course that provides insight into core and advanced networking technologies in Windows Server 2016.
This audience would typically include:
- Network administrators who are looking to reinforce existing skills and learn about new networking technology changes and functionality in Windows Server 2016.
- System or Infrastructure Administrators with general networking knowledge who are looking to gain core and advanced networking knowledge and skills on Windows Server 2016.
The secondary audience for this course is those IT professionals who are looking to take the MCSA 70-741: Networking with Windows Server 2016 exam.
All students will learn how to:
- Plan and implement an IPv4 network
- Implement Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Implement IPv6
- Implement Domain Name System (DNS)
- Implement and manage IP address management (IPAM)
- Plan for remote access
- Implement DirectAccess
- Implement virtual private networks (VPNs)
- Implement networking for branch offices
- Configure advanced networking features
- Implement Software-Defined Networking
Lesson 1: Planning and implementing an IPv4 network
- Planning IPv4 addressing
- Configuring an IPv4 host
- Managing and troubleshooting IPv4 network connectivity
Lesson 2: Implementing DHCP
- Overview of the DHCP server role
- Deploying DHCP
- Managing and troubleshooting DHCP
Lesson 3: Implementing IPv6
- Overview of IPv6 addressing
- Configuring an IPv6 host
- Implementing IPv6 and IPv4 coexistence
- Transitioning from IPv4 to IPv6
Lesson 4: Implementing DNS
- Implementing DNS servers
- Configuring zones in DNS
- Configuring name resolution between DNS zones
- Configuring DNS integration with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS)
- Configuring advanced DNS settings
Lesson 5: Implementing and managing IPAM
- Overview of IPAM
- Deploying IPAM
- Managing IP address spaces by using IPAM
Lesson 6: Remote access in Windows Server 2016
- Overview of remote access
- Implementing Web Application Proxy
Lesson 7: Implementing DirectAccess
- Overview of DirectAccess
- Implementing DirectAccess by using the Getting Started Wizard
- Implementing and managing an advanced DirectAccess infrastructure
Lesson 8: Implementing VPNs
- Planning VPNs
- Implementing VPNs
Lesson 9: Implementing networking for branch offices
- Networking features and considerations for branch offices
- Implementing Distributed File System (DFS) for branch offices
- Implementing BranchCache for branch offices
Lesson 10: Configuring advanced networking features
- Overview of high-performance networking features
- Configuring advanced Microsoft Hyper-V networking features
Lesson 11: Implementing Software-Defined Networking
- Overview of SDN
- Implementing network virtualization
- Implementing Network Controller