ALL DATES GUARANTEED
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
This five-day course is designed primarily for IT professionals who have some experience with Windows Server. It is designed for professionals who will be responsible for managing storage and compute by using Windows Server 2016, and who need to understand the scenarios, requirements, and storage and compute options that are available and applicable to Windows Server 2016.
Network+ or equivalent knowledge; experience supporting for configuring Microsoft Windows clients
This course is intended for IT professionals who have some experiencing working with Windows Server, and who are looking for a single five-day course that covers storage and compute technologies in Windows Server 2016. This course will help them update their knowledge and skills related to storage and compute for Windows Server 2016. Candidates suitable for this course would be:
- Windows Server administrators who are relatively new to Windows Server administration and related technologies, and who want to learn more about the storage and compute features in Windows Server 2016.
- IT professionals with general IT knowledge, who are looking to gain knowledge about Windows Server, especially around storage and compute technologies in Windows Server 2016.
The secondary audience for this course are IT professionals looking to take the Microsoft 70-740 certification exam, Installation, Storage and Compute with Windows Server 2016.
Understand the scenarios, requirements, and storage and compute options that are available and applicable to Windows Server 2016.
Lesson 1: Installing, upgrading, and migrating servers and workloads
- Introducing Windows Server 2016
- Preparing and installing Server Core
- Preparing for upgrades and migrations
- Migrating server roles and workloads
- Windows Server activation models
Lesson 2: Configuring local storage
- Managing disks in Windows Server
- Managing volumes in Windows Server
Lesson 3: Implementing enterprise storage solutions
- Overview of DAS, NAS, and SANs
- Comparing Fibre Channel, iSCSI, and Fibre Channel over Ethernet
- Understanding iSNS, DCB, and MPIO
- Configuring sharing in Windows Server 2016
Lesson 4: Implementing Storage Spaces and Data Deduplication
- Implementing Storage Spaces
- Managing Storage Spaces
- Implementing Data Deduplication
Lesson 5: Installing and configuring Hyper-V and virtual machines
- Overview of Hyper-V
- Installing Hyper-V
- Configuring storage on Hyper-V host servers
- Configuring networking on Hyper-V host servers
- Configuring Hyper-V virtual machines
- Managing Hyper-V virtual machines
Lesson 6: Deploying and managing Windows Server and Hyper-V containers
- Overview of containers in Windows Server 2016
- Deploying Windows Server and Hyper-V containers
- Installing, configuring, and managing containers by using Docker
Lesson 7: Overview of high availability and disaster recovery
- Defining levels of availability
- Planning high availability and disaster recovery solutions with Hyper-V virtual machines
- Backing up and restoring by using Windows Server B
- High availability with failover clustering in Windows Server 2016
Lesson 8: Implementing failover clustering
- Planning a failover cluster
- Creating and configuring a new failover cluster
- Maintaining a failover cluster
- Troubleshooting a failover cluster
- Implementing site high availability with stretch clustering
Lesson 9: Implementing failover clustering with Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V
- Overview of integrating Hyper-V in Windows Server 2016 with failover clustering
- Implementing Hyper-V VMs on failover clusters
- Key features for VMs in a clustered environment
Lesson 10: Implementing Network Load Balancing
- Overview of NLB
- Configuring an NLB cluster
- Planning an NLB implementation
Lesson 11: Creating and managing deployment images
- Introduction to deployment images
- Creating and managing deployment images by using MDT
- Virtual machine environments for different workloads
Lesson 12: Managing, monitoring, and maintaining virtual machine installations
- WSUS overview and deployment options
- Update management process with WSUS
- Overview of PowerShell DSC
- Overview of Windows Server 2016 monitoring tools
- Using Performance Monitor
- Monitoring event logs